Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 44 - Posted at the Public Library in Starke Florida

Got the dog sitting out in the hot truck – couldn’t find any shade – can’t spend much time on this postin. I’m in here in the Starke Florida Library typing away. Got my battery replaced. Hadn’t been on the Internet since March 24 in Jackson TN. – I had 257 email messages in addition to 57 spams. So I scanned through them and deleted what didn’t seem relevant as fast as I was able to. Now for a quick update – From Jackson down across Alabama and into Florida – a week in the Apalachicola National Forest and the last for days in the Ocala National Forest – now headed to Ocealo Forest and then the Okeefanokie Swamp.

It is a bland piece of art that elicits a uniform reaction – Marcus du Sautoy – Symmetry, 2008 p261

Got new poems – but have not uploaded anything to the computer since leaving Kansas City. Hope to soon.

Sometimes you step into a tackroom, a carpenter’s shop or a country post office and find yourself unexpectedly at peace with the world. It is usually late in the day. The place has a fine smell (I must include bakeries) – John Cheever – Bullet Park, 1969 p186

No comments: