Monday, August 16, 2010

Fred's on the Run Looking for Some Trouble - Here He Comes

After twenty years the old truck is still running good but it's starting to rust and the ride is rough - so I decide to splurge and buy myself a new truck. Some clean duds and some cologne and I can send out the little dog to lure in some lonley women - and I shall be back in action - drop in for a conjugal visit - but don't expect me to stay for too long for the road is calling again - gotta run, gotta go, roll roll on down the road, miles to go before I sleep - get ready for here I come.


I believe more than ever. I believe everything good and bad. I believe more and less than what is true. I believe beyond the corpus of man’s thinking. I believe everything. I believe in a collective life and in individual life also. I believe in the life of the world, the uterus which it is. I believe in the contradiction of the uterine life of this world. I believe in having money and in not having money too. And whether I believe or don’t believe I always act – Henry Miller – The Wisdom to the Heart, 1960 p100

Who is it that is getting all the government benefits? The bottom 60% of American households (those with incomes below $50,000) received benefits to the amount of $445 billion. Those households in the top 20% (income over $85,000 received $539 billion and the top 1% (households with incomes over $450,000) got $289b or $210,000 per household.

If the poor people in England can’t make a living when the government possesses the biggest empire that ever was how are the going to make a living when the empire falls to pieces – Henry Miller – The Wisdom to the Heart, 1960p116

Make a face
A funny face


A lose of face
Such a long face


Save face
Make an about face


Face up
Face off
Face down

“The greatest poets where the Chinese,” he said. “They made the little things reveal the greatness of the universe. They were philosophers first and then poets. They lived their poetry. We have nothing to make poetry about, except death and desolation” – Henry Miller – The Wisdom to the Heart, 1960 p114

61% of Americans always or usually live paycheck to paycheck. This is up from 49% in 2008 and 41% in 2007.

Do you think I’d get any satisfaction out of dying in harness, as they say? Not me! I’d rather die in the alcoholic ward among the has-beens and no-goods. At least, if it happens that way, I’ll have the satisfaction of saying that I had only one master – John Barleycorn. You have a thousand masters, perfidious, insidious ones who torment you even in your sleep – Henry Miller – The Wisdom to the Heart, 1960 p119

Banks own a greater share of residential housing's net worth in the United States than do individuals

We improve things by covering them up – Henry Miller – The Wisdom to the Heart, 1960 p118

No comments: