Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Fellow Americans – A Presidential Parade




 
My fellow Americans, Keep America competitive
So I urge my fellow Americans to continue
And I urge my fellow Americans to do so.
And so, I ask my fellow Americans to be patient
My fellow Americans, this day has brought terrible news and great sadness
It's important for my fellow Americans to understand that.


My Fellow Americans bring to life
Two centuries of American history,
As you read and hear the presidential
Speeches that defined our
Nation's most dramatic moments


My Fellow Americans – A comedy
About life, liberty and the pursuit of two ex-presidents.
Along the way they meet a homeless couple,
Thwart kidnapers in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant,
And find themselves marching in a gay pride parade


And so, my fellow Americans
Ask not what your country can do for you –
Ask what you can do for your country.
My fellow citizens of the world: ask not
What America will do for you, But what together we can do for the freedom of man


Health problems kept Walter Matthau from appearing
Kramer might have been President after Bush,
Winning the Republican nomination from him in 1992
And losing in 1996 to Douglas.
In turn Douglas won the 1996 election
And lost the 2000 election to Haney.
Haney resigned in 2003 and Matthews served from 2003-2004.


It's my honor to welcome to the White House my fellow Americans,
Arab Americans, Americans who are Muslim by faith
I join my fellow Americans
And I want to thank my fellow Americans
My fellow Americans.... we remain at war
Well, thank you for that warm welcome. (Applause.)
My fellow Americans -- (applause) –
I'm on my way


My Fellow Americans: The Most Important Speeches
Of America's Presidents, from George Washington
To George W. Bush


Good evening, my fellow Americans:
Tonight I want to talk to you on a subject of deep concern
To all Americans and to many
People in all parts of the world


My fellow Americans, I am sure you can recognize from what I have said
The great silent majority of my fellow Americans—I ask for your support.
My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over


But, yes, my fellow Americans, there is a choice, a very, very important choice
So, my fellow Americans
My fellow Americans,
We're known around the world as a confident and a happy people.
The question is not whether we want peace...The question is: Will we meet a growing danger
The stakes are so very high
We are entering a season of hope
We're poised for an historic reversal
I'd like to talk to you today about the deep desire we share
Join with my fellow Americans who work and pray
We live in perilous times, my fellow Americans, but also times of great hope and opportunity
Think about it, my fellow Americans


My fellow Americans – I would like to talk today about opportunity in America
And my fellow Americans, we passed that test
My fellow Americans, I firmly believe in my heart of hearts
That times will soon be on the side of peace because the world is overwhelmingly on the side of God.



An Indian Autumn is not over until the first frost, that has not yet occured, but the time is approaching. Another gorgous day. Today I am at the Oak Street Cafe in the Brookside neighborhood of Kansas City. It is quite a contrast for here liberal church groups meet to discuss social action as opposed those trying to save your soul. Liberalism trives in upscale neighborhoods as a reaction to the rampant materialism that is dominate theme in these same neighborhoods. Opposites attract, a balance is struck which is unsatisfactory to all parties - but that is nature.



Quote: The demand for men necessarily governs the production of men, as of every other commodity – Adam Smith

No comments: