Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2, 2004 - Kansas City Mo - The Coffee Break

Brenda got a Yorkie with papers for $50 and thought this was such a great bargain as they usually sell for $300. But that is for the puppies what she got was a five year old male which was no longer useful for studding. And it is an affection little thing. Lets see how this works out. She couldn’t stand the little toy poodle that her father-in-law had left with her. Her husband said, “get a cat – its a lot less trouble and remember how you were always complaining about Dee Dee (that was the toy poodle).” “But I’ve never had a dog of my own.” They picked up the dog yesterday. Its hair was all matted and it has a growth on its neck. Dave, her husband, was sitting on the floor of the bathroom giving it a hair cut right after having given it a bath. What are you going to do with it when you go to work. I’ll leave it with Betty. Right now it is running about marking territory. He works at night. He drives a truck. Of course I will get attached to it, he said. But why is it that I never get what I want? She tried to keep it the little travel cage in which she had brought it home. Dave won't allow her to do that. Maybe we can make this bathroom its space when she is gone. I don't think Betty is going to appreciate having it pee all over her house. But Betty is eighty-eight and Betty would enjoy the company if not the responsibility.


Now to get tickets to Chicago. Let’s check the Amtrak schedule. I don’t like to fly. I like the leg room and the ability of to get up and roam and I don’t mind at all the travel time. The Chief and Megabus cost about the same but I like the scenery on the route through St Louis and I can save about 20% on that route. Now I need to check on the date. I’m thinking the tenth. Oh but its cold in Chicago – well colder than it is here – 26 compared to 46 here.

Drip drip from the eaves
As the sun begins to warm
The night’s ice and yesterday’s
Snow begin to lose their hold
And I don’t want to play in
The snow and it is so sad to grow old




Everyone is like the travelers who get to know a land and its people from a railway carriageNietzsche

No comments: