Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 3, 2009 – Charlie Hooper’s

Well, Major Domo don’t like to be locked away. And it is such a small little room. And if you let him outside all he does is pee on the tires of all the nearyby cars.r. That’s what the Major does. If he were bigger he might chase after those same cars. But he is not. He has a lot of piss for one little dog, he does. He has marked my truck and the neighbor’s new car. I don’t think that he as gotten Brenda’s car as it is always gone when I let the Major out, but he has gotten the carport thoroughly scented. That’s where she always parks except if it is supposed to snow, then none of us comes down the hill and park behind the house.

And it’s five o’clock and the sun is going down again and it was unseasonably warm today. Hooper’s had the front door open and the crowd was divided between the Mizzou
and the Jayhawk games. I was watching the former but the sound was turned up on the later and when excitement peaked I looked up from my reading and nothing unusual seemed to be happening and I had to remind myself that that was the KU game behind me not the Tigers there in front of me where the action was.  It’s nice when it’s warm enough to block the front door open and the Major likes to scamper about and I don’t mind watching after him then. But there are packs of big neighborhood dogs about and it would not do leave him unattended.


What’s an old dog to do but to sleep? Today is dog day at Hooper’s too. I had my two and two pints of ale too. What’s an old dog to do but have his two pints a day?



Finding legs it ran away
Metaphorically abandoning me
Play it again Sam, over and over
It had million dollar legs Sam
It ran away with my spoon
It jumped over the moon, Sam
Yes, its my own narrative frame


The saddest features of anti-intellectualism is that it often reflects an actual suppression of intellectual activity rather than any lack of ability – Norman F Dixon

No comments: