Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16, 2009 - Coffee Break, Kansas City Missouri





The snow comes smothering with a high of twenty-two but this is the tail end of the storm almost now to Springfield and extending laterally from Emporia to Columbia. There was only a dusting as I awoke and the sun came up. Then it got serious and I knew that if I were not to get stuck in my room I had to get out now. I barely made it up the hill and then wondered why I had, but was already in the midst of the rush and by then to have turned back was more difficult that to plow ahead and so here I am at the Coffee Break once again Light snow the forecasts said.

Mr. Mick is still around left all alone from four in the afternoon when Dave goes to work and ten when Brenda finally gets home and as attentive deficient as he seems to be, he is a adapting well He lies in his bed and abides his time. And when someone finely comes in he slides across the wooden floor his little paws a scratching – tickie tickie tickie. Maybe he’s a keeper.

Its really coming down. I hope it doesn’t snow all day. I check the radar image on the Weather Underground and this storm must have been saving the best for last – it looks like it should be over within the hour. The tail end is now at St Joe. But god, still it doesn’t look as if it will ever let up.

Galoshes – 98% of the shoes purchased in the US are imported and Americans buy on average seven pairs a year and a pair of galoshes or other protective footwear every other year. This is about half what they purchased twenty years ago. Will the economic downturn be good for the protective footwear industry – I suspect it will. It would be interesting to see the data for 1920-1940. What I would expect to see is a typical bell curve. I would have had a pair if I didn’t maintain the rule that everything I have must fit in a back pack (by choice I am without a home) – its not a fashion statement but a practicality – them galosh is to damn bulky. One sixth of the typical American’s apparel budget is expended upon the acquisition of footwear.


God, theres goes another AH pacing the floor talking business on his cell phone. Isn't it enough for him to be agitated must he infict the rest of us too. I don't mind Spencer Tracy pacing in the waiting room waiting for his little dividend but he didnt have a cell phone either. And what they have to say is always so inane and probably totally unnecessary.





The Johnson Family and the Snoops
Never intermarry
You know a Johnson when you see him
You know a Snoop when you hear one
He was a Johnson
She was a Snoop



A Johnson minds his own business
A Snoop makes it his business
All Snoops are shit
God bless you Mr Johnson
There are never enough
The Snoops are rapacious


He passed and I never saw him again
That is the wayof the Johnsons
And You can’t get rid of a Snoop

Universal reason says there is only one rational mode of thought Anyone who argues against you must be either mistaken (in need of the facts), irrational (needing to have their reasoning corrected), or downright immoralGeorge Lakoff

No comments: